So simple to make, this chocolate mousse is gorgeously indulgent. After one spoonful, you will wonder why you haven’t been making this for years.
Perfect for a romantic pudding but it also keeps brilliantly in the fridge so you can reach for it when you need a fantastic chocolate fix!
2 x 400ml tins of full fat coconut milk (these need to be left overnight in the fridge)
2 tablespoons of icing sugar, sifted
150g dark chocolate, melted (use vegan if you prefer)
50g dark chocolate, coarsely grated
80g Lizi’s Belgian Chocolate Granola
Method to make 6 small mousses
- Chill the tins of coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- With the hob on a medium heat, place the heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Be careful that the water doesn’t boil and avoid over stirring. If easier, melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl in 30-second bursts in the microwave and stir.
- Put the melted chocolate on one side to cool.
- Open the tins of coconut milk at the bottom and pour into a large jug. You just need the cream.
- Scrape the thick coconut cream into a large mixing bowl. Add in the icing sugar and whisk until light and fluffy. (Use an electric whisk if you have one to hand.)
- Spoon a small amount of the whipped coconut cream into a cup and place to one side.
- Gently fold the melted chocolate into the whipped coconut cream.
- Gently fold three quarters of the grated chocolate into the mixture.
- Place a generous layer of Lizi’s Belgian Chocolate Granola into the bottom of six little jam jars or glasses.
- Spoon the chocolate mousse on top of the granola and smooth a little.
- Place some of the coconut cream on top (from the cup that you put to the side) and decorate with the rest of the chocolate grating and chocolate granola. Enjoy!
Lizi’s Belgian Chocolate Granola: RRP £3.65 for 400g, available from Ocado.