Terry Crews is a Hollywood legend, fitness legend, and all-round legend. Settle in for episode 2 of the Muscle and Health podcast, hosted by Danni Levy, Editor-in-Chief.
We sit down and discuss:
- Terry Crews’ shoot for the first-ever cover of Muscle and Health magazine, shot by the incredible photographer Per Bernal
- How we can all take it to the next level when it comes to our fitness, and how different generations approach health and fitness, knowing more with each era
- Looking into how a combination of fitness, diet and mindset are critical to a successful, spiritually charged healthy lifestyle
- How the height of your success is equal to the depth of your gratitude
- His 7-year career in the NFL and how obvious the mind/body connection was, mainly due to the rate of suicide post-NFL career and weight gain, including his 2-year battle with severe depression, which led to his 21 Days to Change approach – knowing it takes 21 days to build a habit
- 21 years after his 21-day habit started, Terry Crews looks back on starting out at the cheapest gym he could find and going from just showing up at the gym; until day 21, where he’s formed the habit of showing up at the gym and connecting his mind and body to uncover what he wanted from life
- A look at his day in the life: Training reigns, even if that means getting up at 4 am. Intermittent fasting. Dynamic stretching is incorporated into his workouts. Adding protein to his post-workout routine, a ketogenic diet during the day and with carbs at night to power extensive workouts
- All things showbiz, including his time hosting America’s, Got Talent with Simon Cowell and his time on Aaron Sorkin’s HBO drama The Newsroom. And Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
- His top tip for life: Challenge every negative belief in your life – and learn how to become un-embarrassable. Get out there, and if it doesn’t go right: You’re learning. It’s ok. You’re human. No one really good at what they’re doing right now; they was horrible at it when they started.
- Ending with the incredible news that his beautiful wife has won her battle with breast cancer! What a fighter.