Guinness World Records celebrates the nineteenth annual GWR Day. Celebrating the theme of Super Skills, record-breaking hopefuls from across the globe have put on a jaw-dropping display of dedication, persistence, and elite-level talent.
Records up for grabs globally include:
- UK: Most rotating puzzle cubes solved whilst on a skateboard: 500
- USA: Most blindfolded standing backwards somersaults in one minute: 21
- MENA: Most consecutive football touches while hanging with one hand in 30 seconds: 87
and Most consecutive football touches on a quad bike performing a wheelie (team of two): 70
- CHINA: Most bunny hops to rear onto a bar in one minute: 14
- JAPAN: Most basketball arm rolls in one minute (three basketballs): 56
- MEXICO: Most single arm handstands in one minute (male): 23, Most handstands in one minute (male): 41,
- Most alternating single arm handstands in one minute: 32
What’s the fastest game bird in Europe? This was the question that inspired the founding of Guinness World Records back in 1955. Starting with a single book published from a room above a gym, GWR has grown to become a global multi-media brand, with offices in London, New York, Beijing, Tokyo, and Dubai.
Guinness World Records Day
Guinness World Records Day (GWR Day) is an annual celebration of record-breaking which sees thousands of people around the world come together with one common goal, to become a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title holder. First held in 2004, GWR Day is now a much-anticipated event each year that has inspired some iconic record-breaking achievements.
In the UK, George Scholey a speed cubing champion from Northampton, UK also doubles as a skateboarder in his free time. This skill allowed him to break the Guinness World Records title for most rotating puzzle cubes solved on a skateboard, achieving a total of 500 in celebration of Guinness World Records Day 2022.
In addition, George is going for another record title on the day for the most rotating puzzle cubes solved in 24 hours. The current record to beat is 5,800 which was set back in 2013.
Alongside George, there are other record titles being attempted on the morning of Guinness World Records Day in the UK including:
- Fastest 20m backbend knee lock
- The most hula hoops spun simultaneously whilst on stilts
- Most football crossovers in one minute
First held in 2004 to mark Guinness World Records becoming the best-selling copyright book of all time, GWR Day has inspired some now iconic record-breaking achievements. This year over 1000 applications were received from aspiring record breakers across the world, hoping to attempt records on GWR Day to secure their place in the next edition of the book.
How The Entertainment Industry Is Keeping Death Alive