Made with Vanilla Nourish Drink for goodness, and topped with vitamin-rich mango, this makes a deliciously healthy breakfast, pudding, or snack.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
INGREDIENTS FOR THE RICE PUDDING
2.5 oz pudding rice
12 fl oz full-fat milk
1 oz sugar
5 fl oz Vanilla Nourish Drink
1 vanilla pod (optional)
INGREDIENTS FOR THE POACHED MANGO
1 ripe mango
6.75 fl oz water
1.75 oz sugar
5 cardamom pods, crushed
3 star anis
5 mint leaves
For the Nourish rice pudding
- Bring the milk, sugar, and vanilla pod to boil.
- Add the rice and turn the hob to a low heat.
- Stir the mix frequently, ensuring nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Test the rice every 5 minutes until it is soft and has absorbed all the milk.
- Now add the Vanilla Nourish Drink to add additional calories, vitamins, and minerals.
- Serve with the poached mango.
For the poached mango
- Bring the water, sugar, cardamom, and star anis to boil to create a syrup.
- Peel the mango and cut the mango into bite-size pieces.
- Add the mango to the syrup and bring to boil again.
- Turn off the heat and leave to cool.
- Finely cut the mint leaves and add to the mango.
- Serve with the rice pudding.
Jane Clarke is a dietitian and Cordon Bleu chef with more than 30 years’ experience in the nutrition industry. She is the author of nine best-selling books, columnist, and regularly contributes on TV. She has worked with Jamie Oliver on several of his projects and now leads Nourish by Jane Clarke, which provides a solution to the problem of undernourishment and provides empowerment and inspiration to those who are facing a health challenge, such as cancer and dementia.
For another wholesome breakfast idea, channel your inner chef with this gratifying VANILLA BERRY FRENCH TOAST RECIPE