The average person can burn up to 115 calories in a ten-minute battle rope workout. When executed correctly, your body will employ the afterburn effect- burning fat long after your workout is complete.
Many functional exercises work major muscle groups but neglect important smaller muscles which can lead to a weaker, unbalanced body composition.
An effective battle ropes workout will utilize and strengthen those muscles often neglected, by stimulating every
take the brunt of the work, creating incredible muscular adaptations and increasing your endurance.
Add battle ropes to your regime for a leaner, more symmetrical physique, conditioned for explosive and powerful movements.
The Benefits of Battle Ropes
- High intensity- great for fat burning
- Low impact- ideal for those who suffer from joint pain
- Strength building
- Improve cardiovascular endurance
How to Perform Rope Undulations
- Step 1: Secure the rope.
- Step 2: Grab the two ends of the rope with a firm grip. Keep your arms in front of you with just enough slack to create waves.
- Step 3: Place your feet shoulder- width apart and adopt an athletic stance, by pushing the hips back, bending the knees, and slightly leaning forward.
- Step 4: Rapidly move your arms up and down, maintaining a bend in the elbows to create waves in the ropes.
Want a six pack? Check out this article