Live every day like it’s Taco Tuesday with these crispy fish tacos from Shark Tank’s Erica Barrett. Guaranteed to give your next dinner guests something to taco ‘bout!
FRIED FISH COATING
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup corn starch
- ¾ cup salt
- ₁ ⁄₈ cup black pepper
- ₁ ⁄₈ cup paprika
- ¼ cup granulated garlic
- ¼ cup onion
- ₁ ⁄₈ cup cayenne
- Combine all ingredients and store in an airtight container for up to six months.
- 1 pound catfish or red snapper
- Canola oil
- 1 egg
- Fried fish coating
- 8 flour tortillas
- Shredded white cabbage
- Sour cream
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Hot sauce
- Preheat canola oil on a medium heat in a frying pan.
- Place egg in a bowl and whisk.
- Dredge fish in egg and then coat with fried fish coating.
- Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels and place fish onto the baking sheet.
- Place the tortillas in a frying pan for 20 seconds. Divide the fish among the tortillas and garnish.
Now every night is Crispy Fish Tacos night!
Erica Barrett is chef and restauranteur of SOCU Southern Kitchen and Oyster in Mobile, Alabama. The restaurant, which opened two years ago, was created by Erica, a Mobile-native and chef, who started her lifestyle and food brand in 2012 – and has gained national buzz from being featured in: Shark Tank and CNBC’s The Profit.
Take your next pescatarian chow-down East across the border with CARIBBEAN CUISINE AT ITS FINEST: JAMAICAN JERK SHRIMP